- Posted on inCottages
Property Type -
New homes -
Car Garage -
Aera (Sq Ft) -
Come and experience a taste of Kenyan paradise and warm African hospitality at Kijiji Cottages.
Kijiji Cottages overlook the beautiful tropical paradise of Diani Beach, 25km south of Mombasa town. Diani is one of Kenya’s finest beach resort areas with a sun soaked, palm-fringed, white sandy beach running for miles alongside the coral reef and clear blue sea, with areas perfect for swimming, dhow sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
‘Kijiji’ in the local Kiswahili language means ‘small village’ and Kijiji Cottages are seven privately owned two or three bedroomed cottages snuggled together right next to the beach. Presently three of the cottages are available for holiday lets when not being used by their owners.
Kijiji Cottages share the compound with Warandale Cottages, which also has cottages to let. This makes the compound even more like a cosy African village. Whichever cottage you choose you will feel immediately at home next to the sea and beach. Most, but not all, of the cottages have a sea view.
While you are based at Kijiji Cottages you can also explore the surrounding area and beautiful south coast of Kenya. Diani has restaurants and shops and several tour operators with whom you can easily arrange a safari by air or road to any popular destination in Kenya or a day excursion to local sites to see dolphins or whale sharks or to snorkel or dive or to visit other local sites – including the local cultural places like the ‘Kaya’ – traditional spiritual places set in indigenous forest.
Book now for an unforgettable Kenyan experience at Kijiji Cottages. Prices vary according to season and size of cottage and number of guests. Bookings must be for minimum of 3 nights. Please enquire via the contacts page for prices and availability.
Kijiji Cottages is very close to lots of local amenities and facilities including;
• Colliers Centre with Leonardo’s Restaurant and safari shops and Hera Salon.
• Barclays Centre with Barclays Bank and small shops including internet, cafes, boutiques and more safari shops
• Local kiosks selling curios, batiks and other Kenyan artifacts
• The Colobus Trust – which protects the rare Colobus monkeys
• Leopard Beach Hotel with its spa and restaurants and Leopard Leisure Resort with its 18 hole golf course
• Nakumatt Diani – brand new supermarket at the junction of Ukunda Road and Diani Beach Road